Friday, December 09, 2005

another survey

I got this one from Dan, too. I enjoyed reading his answers and it brought back my memories of the early years.

20 years ago I was: pregnant with Mary, living in Wheaton, IL and shivering with cold. My parents were visiting us for Christmas.

15 years ago I was: settling into life in the US, in Portland, getting ready for our first Christmas in the US in four years, wondering how God was going to provide work for John.

10 years ago I was: living in Hillsboro, OR, getting ready for Deb (from Biola) and Dan (from Army active duty) to come home for Christmas break.

5 years ago I was: still living in Hillsboro planning Christmas and waiting for Deb (from Talbot) and Mike (from Harvey Mudd) to come home.

1 year ago I was: working in homework club at Watts.

Yesterday I was: mad because someone forgot to tell me a meeting was canceled and I hung around for more than an hour waiting for the meeting; hosting the small group dinner and Bible study.

5 snacks I enjoy: Americanos, York mints, chocolate, potato chips, scones. And sixth--most kinds of fruit.

5 things I would do with a million dollars: pay off my kids' school bills, take a vacation in Europe with all of my family, buy John the car of his dreams, buy cars for me and all our kids, buy a house (oh wait, that would take all my money, buying a house in Southern CA).

5 places I would run away to: England, Italy, Papua, Portland, El Segundo.

5 things I would never wear: a bikini, gathered skirt, short shorts, stilletto heels, tacky Christmas sweater.

5 favorite tv programs: I don't watch much TV--I like Mystery Theatre on Sunday nights.

5 bad habits: wasting time on the computer, reading when I should be cleaning or working, stacking papers, correcting store employees' bad grammar on signs, eating too much chocolate.

5 biggest joys: Sunday mornings with my family at Starbuck's, walking along the beach, biking along the beach, traveling, hugs from my students, past and present.

5 favourite toys: my knitting needles, my spinning wheel, my bike, computer, scrapbook supplies.

5 fictional characters I would date: nobody. I'm happily married.

1 comment:

Mama Mia said...

ahhhh Kanga!

No one posted, so I thought I'd say hello and give you a comment. *grin* I wuv oo!

-Roo