Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Walk The Line

John and I just finished watching Walk The Line, the story of Johnny Cash. I spun some more of that brown wool and also did a 30 minute work out on the elliptical machine while watching. Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix were great. I loved the scenes in Folsom Prison. And I want the lakeside house!

If you want to know what goes on in our neighborhood look up www.nbc4.tv and click on the top stories. There is a video clip about the murder of the man who was dragged out of his car and shot in front of the middle school where John teaches. When the English teacher got to school this morning at 7:15 he couldn't drive into the school because the police had the whole street blocked. He had to park at the elementary school and walk over. By the time we arrived, I guess the police were gone, but we didn't know anything because we usually park at the elementary school (in the next block).

Tomorrow I'm driving up to Ventura County to see a couple of friends and Martha for a couple of days. Sandy said we can do whatever I want--shop, go to the beach, hang out--well she knows me--the beach it is. I love the beach and I'd rather do most anything than go shopping! I'm hoping to get to the ranch and pick some blueberries and get some honey.

No comments: