Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Random

A friend from Portland just published a fantasy book about a girl and knitting. Sanna, Sorceress Apprentice by Roxanna Matthews. I've ordered it, can't wait to read it.

I'm wondering how my nephew Bob's job will be affected by having a new chief of the Los Angeles Fire Department.

My neighbor blessed us with a motorcycle cover for our bikes. Now it can rain.

I love aha moments. Like seeing WHY a student isn't getting what the vowel sound in cap is... phonemic awareness--or rather the lack of it. Hearing that a coworker thinks we need more handwriting practice in lower grades to ensure automaticity in middle school. (her aha moment)

We now have heat.

Our phone line is fixed.

Earl Grey tea tastes great with chocolate chip cookies.

2 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Yes, Earl Grey tea is amazing with chocolate chip cookies. I am, however, ODd on christmas cookies at the moment. o_O

Anonymous said...

I agree. (The handwriting thing). I think I was the only one doing it.
~Rea