Monday, January 29, 2007

Beach Blanket in Progress

Here is the photo of the Beach Blanket. Roxie is right, nature is not symmetrical so my blanket need not be symmetrical. I have had visions all morning of sand and surf, imagining random shells and stones. I'm diving in to this sea of randomness, kicking the colors around like pebbles on the shore.

My cactus is blooming, right on schedule for Christmas...errr...Valentine's Day. This plant (origin unremembered) has never bloomed before. I had no idea what color the blooms would be if it ever flowered, but here it is, flourishing in my window box, producing birght pink edged flowers. Last count was 12.





Today is a Day of Prayer and Fasting for World Impact staff. Unfortunately, I'm not participating corporately. No one wants my germs around and I think meditation and prayer at home will be better for me.

1 comment:

roxie said...

Yep, suddenly the blanket is more interesting, more humanized. Now, instead of just giving it a glance, I want to spread it out and admire the interplay and balance of the colors. Yayyyy Linda! STRETCH that envelope! I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying the process! I think you (and God) are developing a work of art here.

The cactus blossoms are sooo lovely! Good photos of them.