Thursday, March 15, 2007

Anticipation

I am looking forward to the weekend, which this week, for me, will start this evening!

We are going to our friends' home near the beach to kitty-sit for five days. This kitty-sit is coinciding with my birthday. Tomorrow I am going to celebrate my birthday a day early by spending the whole day at the house and doing reports and knitting projects for the certification. I may divert myself a bit with a walk to Starbuck's for coffee, to the library to return some books, to the Cotton Shop to look for buttons for a sweater and other inspiration. My goal is to write two reports, two design book reviews and two magazine reviews. I may even try to do some knitting on LilliAnne's sweater for fun or the hat and sweater for certification.

Saturday's plans include a visit to the Getty Center in Los Angeles. It should be a beautiful day to spend at a beautiful place. The Getty Center has four different buildings with numberous art and sculpture displays, a fascinating garden, a couple of cafes. Tim and Mia will already be with us and Deb and Jeff plan to join us in the morning. Then when we have had our fill of expansive vistas and culture we shall come to the little house on the freeway, meet up with Mike, Dan and Jennifer, and have dinner. The menu is enviable: bbq salmon, beef and chicken, baked potatoes, asparagus, green beans, salad, and for dessert, blueberry parfaits and some chocolate.

I am so looking forward to the weekend!

1 comment:

Life is a Marathon said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! I am envious!! Great company & great food!!