Monday, March 12, 2007

Circular Lace Swatch

I have been learning a number of things during this certification for the knitting guild. I learned this weekend that circular lace should be blocked on a perfect circle. So I pulled out a plate, made a circle by tracing around it and cutting out the paper. There's your perfect circle. Then I pinned the lace, stretching it out so the pattern is visible.




When photographed against a dark background, the lace pattern is easier to see.


This is the last swatch I have to knit. I still have two reports (six kinds of fiber and blocking and care of handknits), two design book reviews, and two knitting magazine reviews to write up. I also have to design and knit a Fair Isle hat and an Aran sweater. I spent yesterday practicing the hat pattern, both the style and shape of the hat and the color changes for the Fair Isle pattern. I also spent some time reading about the history of Aran sweaters in a book by Alice Starmore. Will I finish all this by the end of March? I don't know. But I'm going to try.

3 comments:

roxie said...

Your circular lace swatch is gorgeous! Good work! Unless you are going to knit a baby hat and sweater, I don't see how you can do all that by the end of March. Go ahead. Prove me wrong.

Willow said...

did you just throw down the gauntlet?????

Anonymous said...

sounds like it to me!
~Rea