Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Fair Isle Hat

The Fair Isle hat is finished, blocked and ready to be modeled.

I don't have a good mental eye for color and design, so I have to design visually. I bought six different colors of Cascade 220 yarn and started to play around with the arrangement of the balls. I realized that equal amounts of each color did not give me a realistic idea of how the colors work together.

What color should I use for the hat, the background color?
Green?




Purple?
Turquoise, bright pink, white?
I finally pulled out the bright pink altogether and used only five colors.


I'm pleased with the finished product. I hope the certification committee is, too.


4 comments:

roxie said...

The hat is adorable! Fresh and charming and perfectly executed, Bravo!!

Mama Mia said...

Mumsy, you are way too good at that! It is so cute! Mmmm... can I have one...? ;oP

Dot Com Mom said...

It's beautiful. Your stitches are so even and the colors are perfect.

Kristen said...

I found your blog from google.

I absolutely adore this fair isle hat. I was wondering if it's a pattern that you would be willing to share. A good friend of mine just had a baby and I would love to make this hat for the baby.

My email address is kris_lmt@yahoo.com If you would choose not to share the pattern I understand. You did a beautiful job with it!