Monday, March 12, 2007

No Wireless at Home

We've been without internet access at home most of the weekend. Consequently, there were no posts. So sorry.

I'm hoping we'll be back up again today. I am at school using my classroom computer. No photos, though.

I do have a couple of great pictures to show you all as soon as I can.

We attended the International Justice Mission banquet at Biltmore Millenium Hotel in downtown Los Angeles on Saturday night. Our church hosted a table and needed people to fill it, so we were invited. Wow, the food was great. The salad had flowers in it and there was this leaf or petal, long and white, that was sweet and crunchy. I'd love to know what it was. The presentation was great, too. Two lawyers spoke. You know all the lawyer jokes--these two people, a man and a woman, have devoted their lives and careers to seeking and administering justice in the world for slaves, children in prostitution, people unfairly imprisoned, and widows whose land has been illegally stolen. I am impressed with the work these people do. Check them out: www.ijm.org

Have a lovely week, dear readers. I hope I'll be back full strength soon.

No comments: