Monday, March 05, 2007

Swatch Knitted from Charted Symbols

This is the swatch I worked on over the weekend for the certification. The pattern is from Barbara Walker's Charted Knitting Designs. It's called 'Embossed Heart'.


I had to write out the chart using symbols such as or - or V or ^ to mean knit, purl, increase a stitch or decrease a stitch, and then I had to follow the pattern while I knitted it.
I think it turned out rather well. I made four hearts with a single stitch of stockinette stitch to separate the panels.


I chose this pattern for my daughter in law Jennifer who is a Valentine's Day baby. I wanted to learn the embossed heart pattern, so someday (when I am finished with the certification and can knit whatever I want, whenever I want) I can incorporate it into a sweater, bag or afghan for her.


If you squint enough you can pretend this close up is in focus.

1 comment:

roxie said...

So, so lovely! Good job, Linda!