Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sheepish

No, this isn't about wool, yarn, spinning or knitting.



I'm sheepish because I again didn't take any photos. So sorry! Really I am. Blame it on the 2 1/2 hours we spent at the car repair shop waiting for the Focus to be towed there. We are getting a second car after being a one car family for 4 1/2 years. All the second car needs is a new engine (in this case, a rebuilt one). We have found out where the closest hardware store is and it is of upmost importance to make a good first impression there so we were on our best behavior and properly attired as we got sets of keys made, looked at trowels, and chose our hasp for the shed. We did clean the bathrooms (yeah, I know, tmi) and I repapered most of the kitchen drawers and cupboards. The former owner was fond of flowers (pro) and used bright flowered contact paper on every drawer and cupboard in the house (con).



We will be back up in Camarillo for the weekend. I PROMISE, I GUARANTEE, that I'll have photos.



Oh, and I planted out two tomato plants (one Jubilee and one White "something") from Martha and six basil plants.



In an effort to distract you from your disappointment in not having photos of the house, here is a little something, something.


Farmhouse in Northumberland near Hadrian's Wall, England


2 comments:

roxie said...

I laughed out loud at your distraction picture. Great strategy! And great work at the new place.

Anonymous said...

You should have posted this one before saying that it was your new house:)
~Rea