Monday, July 02, 2007

Heat Wave

Los Angeles is enduring a heat wave. It was already 91 degress at 11:00 this morning. I don't want to know how hot it is now.



Accomplished:

1. The house is painted. We finished the basic wall painting at 6pm last night.

2. My classroom is packed up. I still have a couple of reports to write, but those shouldn't take too long.

3. I got the chest x-ray I needed to prove I don't have TB. During all the years we lived in Indonesia, I was exposed to TB so many times that I don't bother to take the tyne test and just go straight to the x-ray. Saves time and money.



To Do:

1. Pack a room today.

2. Get our hair cut.

3. Attend a farewell dinner for each of us, John with the guys and me with the girls. We'll be saying, "See you later," to our good friends in the Beach Cities from the Bible studies we attended.

4. Do the never ending laundry, dishes and cleaning. We need to continue doing these chores so I can focus in spite of the chaos and we can still have clean clothes to wear.

I apologize for not having had any knitting content here. If you've ever moved, you'll understand. I did do some brainless knitting last night while we watched Foyle's War on PBS. Dishclothes are so brainless. Knit 1, inc, knit to end of row. Repeat until it's the right size. Knit 1, k2tog, knit to end of row. Repeat until you're back to 3 stitches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I completely understand on the movning part. Just did it the other day!
~Rea

roxie said...

Blessings on the move. Hope you are feeling stronger after that bout of flu you had. Dishcloths are wonderful knitting projects. Good on you!!