Thursday, August 30, 2007

Night Swim

I have come home from school every day this week with a nasty headache. I'm sure it's caused by a combination of stress of a new position, the heat--we're having a warm spell--, and lack of sleep and exercise. So this evening, we decided to go to the pool. Our homeowners association has a pool and hot tub. We walked down and just as I got in to swim, the cell phone rang. It was Chaplain Dan; he talked with The Professor for a while.

I swam for a half hour. It was wonderful. When I swam on my back, my head was partly immersed and I couldn't hear anything but the swishing of the water that my hands and feet made, I was facing up and the night sky was above me, the stars shining in the black sky. It was just me, the water and the sky.

I'm hoping the exercise will help me sleep deeply and I will have the energy I need for school tomorrow. The first two weeks of any school year are always the hardest.

Chaplain Dan and The Princess will be here tomorrow evening! We are looking forward to their three day visit.

3 comments:

Mama Mia said...

Hooray! Swimming! :o)
Please tell them hello for us tonight.

Anonymous said...

Sounds wonderful. I wish I were there. sharprn2

Anonymous said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit!