I am redesigning and reknitting the Aran Sweater I made in the spring for TKGA. This time I am using Cascade 220, 100% wool in a traditional aran color, creamy white, and adjusting the needles down one size to accomodate the yarn. The needle change also requires a gauge change.
The original sweater had one panel of wave of honey cable going up the sleeve.
In an attempt to add more cables and use less moss stitch, I am including an aran diamond with moss stitch panel between two wave of honey cables. Because of the gauge change I have added 12 stitches to the width of the sleeve, which of course means more bobbles.
I have typed up the sleeve instructions, so I am going to print them out and take them with me to knitting group tonight and see how much of the sleeve I get done. I am going to take my time on this sweater and really try to do a good job on it. I really don't want to have to make a third one.
On the work front things are going well. I work with a really great teacher and the entire staff has a positive attitude. We have a full roster of kids now and this week there have been no criers. That's progress!
I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last night! I am replete with satisfaction. I won't post any spoilers because I know Kiti hasn't read book seven yet. Now I am on to a new series by Maggie Sefton. I have just started Knit One, Kill Two. What a great read: murder mystery and knitting in the same book!