Monday, September 24, 2007

There And Back Again

We drove to Phoenix, Arizona for the weekend to visit The Princess, Chaplain Dan and Jeff. Our orignal excuse was to go to the Dodgers/Diamondbacks game at Chase Stadium on Saturday night. We had a great time even though the Dodges lost.

We set our trip odometer and found that it is 425 miles from our house to Chaplain Dan's. So, our round trip was 850 miles. We left at noon on Friday and pulled back into our driveway at 9pm Sunday. We enjoyed our visit with our boys and The Princess's family. Thank you all for hosting us and spending time with us.

I had intended to post photos of our trip and the interesting differences in scenery along those 425 miles. But this afternoon 'my heart is full'. The Papuan people expressed sorrow by saying their hearts were full and that is how I feel today. I just found out that the son-in-law of a dear friend of mine in Oregon was killed in a military helicopter crash. That is all I know at this time. Please pray for this grieving family. It is so hard.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

I will remember them in my prayers tonight! Not the news anyone likes to hear, but glad you had a good trip.

roxie said...

They are in my prayers. Is it anyone I know?

Heather said...

That's terrible about the crash. They will be in ours prayers tonight.

Anonymous said...

Oh Willow, I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's loss. May God bless them and comfort them.