1. It's my first day of Christmas break!
2. I was able to spend a bit of time this week with a dear friend who I have known for many years. We met in Old Town Camarillo and had lunch at a new panini restaurant that Ellen and I had discovered a couple of months ago. The food was excellent! The coffee-oh yes, rich and wonderful! We talked and talked, about our families, about teaching. This friend is one of the best teachers I have ever met and I love to listen to her talk about teaching-I always learn something.
3. While the rest of the northern hemisphere had snow, we got rain. It rained for three days and then on Thursday the sun came back. When it rains here along the coastal plain, the mountains to the north and east of us get snow!
You can see here the whole panorama of plain, hills, snowy mountains. This photo was taken at the top of a hill near my home in the afternoon. Ellen and I climbed up to the top so we could see the mountains and of course take photos for our blogs!
4. And this photo was taken on Thursday morning on my way to work. I pulled over on the side road just beyond the 101 freeway (El Camino Real!) underpass and snapped the shutter quickly. This is the view I see every morning as I turn left to drive on to the freeway onramp!
If I turned left, I'd see these blooming red poinsettias lining the roadway leading to a local county park.
5. The Christmas season is always fun (and busy) for teachers. I love the little gifts my students bring me. This week I received several packets of cookies. Yum!
To see more Fave Fives, go to Susanne's blog. This week will be the last Fave Five for 2008 but we'll be back again in 2009!