1. When The Professor had to drive home on Friday to lead the weekly Bible Study, I stayed behind in San Diego to help with MamaMia's Moving Day. The reward was a train trip home on Sunday morning! Amtrak's Surf Liner route took me along the Pacific Ocean.
2. I hadn't seen the New Boy much for a week. It was fun to watch him watch his favorite soap channel.
3. I have reconnected with a very dear college friend. Her daughter found me via facebook and contacted me. The emails have been flying back and forth between Michigan and California! We have discovered that we are both 'still knitting'.
4. Lying low with a cold can have unexpected good results. The Professor took over the cooking this week. Barbecued salmon with garlic mashed potatoes, green beans and salad. Tortellini with homemade marinara sauce. Taco salad. He's a good cook!
5. Another benefit of illness: I didn't feel like doing much after working, tutoring, and walking with Ellen, so I sat around every evening and READ. I finished two great books. Sanna and the Dragons by my friend and fellow knitter Roxanna Matthews. Wrenn- Egypt House by Alice Lynn, a writer friend of Roxie's. I really want to tell you about these two books in another post. I loved them both!
To enjoy others' Fave Five lists, visit Living To Tell The Story.