There are two reasons I look forward to Friday. It's my first 'Saturday' as I work Monday through Thursday. And then I get to post my Fave Fives.
1. Birthday dinner for Son #2 on Sunday afternoon. He asked for Swedish meatballs and rice, asparagus and broccoli. He also got green salad and ice cream. He stayed for several hours and we all played a vocabulary guessing game which you can find at http://www.freerice.com/.
2. Although the wind has been "mariah" strong, the sunshine is back. Our temperatures have been ranging from 42F to 62F in the mornings. Thursday was our warmest day with temperatures in the mid70s. It's lovely to walk in January and February. The weather is pleasant but not too warm. The sycamore trees are bare and we can see the bird nests high up near the tops of the trees.
3. On Tuesdays I tutor in a Ventura neighborhood very near the beach. I've discovered a park and beach called Marina Park in the area, and the past two Tuesdays I've walked there either before or after tutoring. The park is on the north side of the Ventura Channel and Harbor. We have visited the south side often as it is a more commercial area. The north side of the channel is all residential and much quieter.
4. I have been picking and eating the mandarin oranges from the tree on the side of our house and taking some of the fruit in to school and sharing. Just doing my part to increase Vitamin C intake and prevent more colds and flu in the classrooms.
5. Flylady is doing a Super Fling Boogie this week and the next two weeks. I've been motivated to fling old clothes from my closet and old magazines I was sure I'd always want and reread (not). It feels great to recycle and pass clothes on to bless someone else!
I hope you've enjoyed reading my Fave Five this week. Read about others' weeks at Living to Tell the Story.