I love doing this post every week. It helps me focus on the blessings in my life. All week long I'm watching for positive events, blessings from God, beauty in my surroundings.
1. Sunday was the best, best day! I have no photos to prove it but trust me, it was great. An early morning drive from our house to Long Beach (where Sara lives), a stop at the local coffee place where the regulars still remember us from the years we sat with our kids and had coffee there before church. Then a wonderful church service, catching up with friends, lunch and dinner with our children. TIME spent in the best way.
2. Monday Ellen and I drove to Santa Monica and had tea at Tudor House. I wrote a post (see below) about our great day. We celebrated our birthdays between our special days.
3. My birthday was Tuesday! One of the first grade classes did the birthday dance song. I definitely got in my cardio workout. Emails and phone calls and birthday packages. The cutest email came from Son #2 who emailed me at 12:45AM to wish me a Happy Birthday with the query "Am I the first?" The kids like to see who can be first to wish each other a happy birthday!
4. I got sucked in to a great children's book that The Princess and Chaplain Dan gave me to add to my Newbery Award list. I really enjoyed this book because I love children's books and I love England and I love history. I wouldn't say this is a happy book, but it's an accurate portrayal of what life was like for poor people during the Middle Ages.
5. Last but not least, it's spring garden planting time in southern California. The Professor and I have prepped our little vegetable plot and I've already put in two kinds of parsley and an heirloom tomato. Because Fridays are my day off, I plan to plant more tomatoes and some lettuce today. A friend gave me some extra bean and pea seeds and I'm thinking about trying out her idea to plant them in buckets.
Thank you, Susanne, for hosting FFF each week! Enjoy others' weekly faves by going to Susanne's blog.