Even though I am out of town this week, I am able to post my
1. Being able to post my Fave Five without being home. Go Blogger!
2. See above. I'm on a little visit to a happy place.
3. Mother's Day. Phone calls and sweet cards from children unable to make the trek home. And what mother doesn't smile happily when not one, but TWO, of her offspring come for the weekend? Son #2, soon to be Grad Student, came bearing a sweet card and a cheesecake. MamaMia decided at the last minute to hop the Amtrak Surf Liner and come for 25 hours of Mom Time. I love this photo. I named it Like Mother Like Daughter.
3. A God Thing. I had been meaning to go by G**dy**r Tire and get my tires' pressure checked because one of my tires was looking a little low. I had 10 minutes one day this week between tutoring and a dr. appt., so I popped in there. It's a good thing I did. A different tire had a loose air pressure valve and the tire could have gone flat at any time. The guys there fixed it quickly and I'm safe on the freeways once again. I'm glad I listened to that little prompting. I should listen more often, huh?
4. Evening time spent with my spinning wheel and The Professor. We have been watching old NCIS episodes before Laker games. That translates into more hours spent making Red Circus Clown Hair yarn (if you're confused, see haiku post below), yarn dyed Mountain Blue and undyed natural gray yarn. I'm in spinning heaven!
5. Local food. My garden has been sprouting! Carrots, squash, spinach, bush beans, bush peas. Some of the tomatoes are already ripening! Spring blossoms on trees means autumn and winter fruit!
As always, thanks to Susanne for hosting Friday Fave Five. Go here and see what other people all over the world are thankful for.