How is it that Friday has come around again in just three days instead of seven? At least, it feels like our seven day week went by in just three days. Every Friday Susanne hosts a great opportunity for anyone who wishes to participate to look back over the week (or three days) and choose and share the five best things that happened in your week.
My Five Faves for this past week:
1. A week at home. Even The Professor has been gone this week and so I've been alone at Willow's Cottage. A lot of reading has gone on.
2. My car needed some work done and our mechanic came and got it and drove it over to the shop and had it finished in 45 minutes! Every time we take our cars in for service or repair, he is pleasant and efficient and he always does a little something extra. I think his business model is based on the statement "Above all, be kind and generous."
3. Lavender. I have six lavender plants and they are outdoing themselves in blooming this summer. I have bouquets of lavender drying all around the cottage. Soon it will be time to fill up the sachets I knitted.
4. I discovered that my neighbor's husband was out of town this week too, so I invited her to our church's summertime Wednesday night dinner. We had so much fun! Good food, good conversation, lots of laughter, and, the best part, we didn't have to cook!
5. A clean kitchen. Once a year, I deep clean my kitchen, pulling everything from the shelves, cupboards and drawers. At the same time I'm cleaning, I declutter and reorganize everything on the shelves. I decided that the best time to do it was while The Professor was gone so he wouldn't have to wade through the piles of pots and pans to find the espresso machine. When he gets home this afternoon, he'll walk in to a clean kitchen.
There were a lot of other faves for me this week--it's always hard to choose just five, isn't it? You can visit Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story and share what others have to fave about this week.
How was your week?