Welcome back to Friday's Fave Five!
1. Looking forward to writing my FFF this week after a two week sabbatical. Taking some time away from the computer was a refreshing change. But now I am happpy to be back and posting another Fave Five.
The surf was very high and turbulent, the crashing waves creating a huge amount of spray.
2. Family. There is nothing I love more than spending time with my family.
3. A windy day in Southern California. It wasn't so much that the wind was blowing. It was that the change in the wind direction and velocity substantially lowered the thermometer readings. Our temperatures have been in the high 40s at night and high 60s during the day. I pulled my gloves out of the top dresser drawer where they've been hiding for six months and wore them in the mornings as I clutched the steering wheel during my morning drive to work.
Here's proof of how windy it was Sunday afternoon at Ventura Harbor.
4. Wednesday afternoon spent in my garden, clipping and cleaning around the tomato plants and herbs, and bringing a fistful of parsley in to the kitchen to add to the lentil soup cooking on the stove.
5. This picture. An opened cotton boll with its lock of fiber, dry and fluffy, picked clean of its seeds. No special reason except that I took the photo and I love it.
How was your week?