Are you ready for a new year? I'm not! I'm just finishing up my Christmas celebrations. Because our family was scattered to other places this year, we played revolving doors (and beds) in an attempt to spend some time together during Christmas week. We did not succeed in having everyone together at the same time, but we all saw each other long enough to say, "Merry Christmas" and share gifts.
1. My Fave Fives this week will be curtailed by my first fave- a new computer! I have had a new laptop in my possession for a few weeks, but moving files and uploading programs has been a slow process. Knowing I had to learn Windows 2007 on my new computer, I dragged my proverbial feet and finally today I made the final computer switch over. However, it's not going so smoothly and therefore my FFF is being affected. All in all, though, I'm thrilled to have a computer now that will read and upload cds and dvds which my old computer had quit doing a long time ago. Because the new computer is doing something 'weird' and I can't upload any more photos or use it until The Professor performs some magic tricks with it, I have moved over to his computer to finish writing my FFFs.
2. Being with family is the best! We loved spending a few days spoiling our New Boy.
3. We enjoyed a couple of walks at Ventura Beach during the week. We are so blessed to live near the beach and in a climate that allows us to walk there year round.
4. Giving my adult children free rein in the kitchen to cook and clean up was definitely a favorite part of my week! They're all competent cooks and willing washers.
5. I loved putzing around my cottage for a couple of weeks without having other obligations like tutoring and teaching sessions. Knitting, reading, and playing games provided just the right amount of activity.
Here we are, 2010, a new year in a new decade, looking back one last time at 2009. What wonderful events impressed you this week?
You can share over at Susanne's blog, Living To Tell The Story.
Happy New Year! On we go to 2010!