1. After our weeks of back to back to back rain storms, I am reveling in some sunny warm days. Yes, I'm focusing on the weather again. I love sunshine.
2. I can't seem to get enough of this, either:
Although it didn't take much convincing, I persuaded The Professor to take a Sunday afternoon walk along the promenade in Ventura. Throngs of people and dogs had the same idea. Even the surfers were out in force, challenging the higher than usual waves.
3. As usual, I've kept my knitting needles near me all week. Because we will be traveling to a colder climate next weekend, I'm working on warm wooly mittens (blue, of course). I have delusions of finishing a sweater, too.
4. I discovered that the public library in the next town over has a large collection of novels by Elizabeth Goudge, who is one of my favorite authors. I checked out four books and am reading the first volume, Island Magic. Did you know you can knit and read at the same time if you choose a book that stays open on its own and a knitting project that doesn't need too much attention?
5. Speaking of knitting, I was able to join my crochet and knit group this evening for an hour of fellowship, fiber and fun. The hostess wanted to (re)learn to knit so I delightedly walked her through the steps of casting on and working a knit stitch.
Have you experienced some favorite moments or events this week? Share them with others, either in my comments or over at Susanne's blog where you can sign up with Mr. Linky.