Some weeks are quiet. Savoring the familiar, we slip through the daily routines, hardly noticing that the days have crept past. Thankfully, this is not always a 'bad thing'. I have glided through Willow's Week quietly.
Trying to chronicle the best of this week, I can only report that it was a quiet and gentle time.
1. It rained a little. We woke in the early morning to the sounds of rain pattering on the roof.
2. The sun shone quite a lot. Even though the wind also blew, the cheery sunshine smiled down on us almost daily. Our weather forecast is for a sunny weekend with coastal warnings of very high surf, so we have two more days of this happy weather.
3. Each morning, The Professor makes me my very own cafe latte. Most days, he brews a second one for me to take in my personal mug so I can sip it on the drive to wherever I am going. It's wonderful!
4. There is an Indonesian proverb that says, "Sediket demi sediket, menjadi bukit" which translated literally states, "Little by little, a mountain is made." The English equivalent might be, "Baby steps!" That is the way I've started to tackle my overwhelming assortment of old photos. I took the first baby step toward sorting, decluttering, and organizing almost a century of pictures. Yes, truly, nearly 100 years. I have most, if not all, of the photos from my grandparents, and their ancestors, as well as my parents.
5. Anticipation! I am expecting a short visit from my dearest cousin! If I don't get around this weekend to say hi, you'll know why.
Thank you, Susanne, for hosting Friday's Fave Five! Please click HERE to join in the weekly fun.