1. I'm thankful for the opportunity I have to create beautiful fiber objects. No week at Willow's Cottage would be complete without some fiber in some form being knitted, spun or felted. I spun this silk and merino blend fiber while I watched the first part of the Olympics. I raced to finish the first skein before we packed the car and drove to San Diego for the weekend because I intended to give it to my daughter in law for her birthday. The brown and gold hand dyed fiber was a beautiful gift for my precious daughter in law!
2. I'm thankful for time spent with my family! Because the main purpose of our trip was to participate in the birthday celebration for The Princess, we headed to Hodad's in Ocean Beach on Saturday at noon. The Birthday Girl chose this iconic hamburger joint because, honestly, this place has the World's. Best. Onion. Rings. And. Chocolate. Milkshakes. When we arrived, we took our places in line and waited until there was room for our 'party of six' to sit at one of the picnic style tables.
Hodad's is world famous for its beach shack decor as well as its burgers, fries, shakes, and onion rings. The walls are almost completely covered with license plates from all over the US, Canada, and the rest of the world. Surfboards hang on every wall.
This fascinating bike is made from all kinds of beach debris. I wonder if anyone has actually ever ridden it.
3. I'm thankful for good friends! This week has been filled up with 'last times' for Ellen and me. We took our last walk in my neighborhood. We enjoyed our last cup of tea together at All Things Tea. This is how I'll always remember Ellen--with camera in hand! Today we'll have our last lunch, and then tomorrow she and her husband will be heading north to Washington. Ellen and I met through our blogs, discovered that we lived in the same town and that we both loved to walk. We've been photographing, blogging and walking buddies for two years. I'll miss her joyful spirit and sense of humor. Fortunately, we'll still have our blogs, phones and facebook for keeping in touch.
4. Gentle rain is a blessing we have enjoyed this week. Usually our rain in Southern California drops in torrents, roaring in from the coast with strong winds. Yesterday's rainstorm was more of a Pacific Northwest drizzle, a sweet goodbye gift for Ellen.
5. Lastly, I love Skype! What could be more precious than seeing My New Boy blow kisses to his Mema in real time through the computer screen?
What were your favorite little blessings this week?