Here's my list:
1. I must admit that I am rather excited today as I write this FFF. My Spring Break has arrived, and I have two full weeks of vacation!
2. Plane tickets were purchased this week. I'll be flying away to spend 6 days with The New Boy and his mama.
3. Game nights with friends are always fun. The Professor and I joined several other people to play Bananagrams and other games on Friday night. Do you know Bananagrams? Played with wooden alphabet tiles, the game is what I term 'expanded Speed Scrabble'.
4. For the past several years, I have had a different Spring Break schedule than The Professor and any of our children who might be taking college classes. This year is no different. The Grad Student is here for a few days at the end of his spring break and has enjoyed hanging out during the day with his dad who also has this week off. They kindly drove over to share lunch with me on Thursday. A few extra hours spent with 'my boys' is really special.
5. California's state flower is the California Poppy. Usually, poppies are bright orange. But some of these butter yellow poppies reseed in my back garden and bloom every spring.
When I see the poppies blooming, I know that Spring has truly arrived!
I hope you'll pop over to Susanne's blog Living To Tell The Story and join us for Friday Fave Five.