This may be a record of some sort in the experiences of Willow's Cottage. I did not take one single photograph all week! Carrying my camera around everywhere, I still didn't shoot one picture. (This is NOT one of my faves.) My mind has been elsewhere.
1. One place my mind has been dwelling is in the designing of a couple of sweaters, including the denim wool remake from recycled wool that I wrote about a couple of weeks ago. Designing does not come quickly or easily to me so I put a lot of time and thought in to it. In the end, a friend provided me with a copy of a pattern from a magazine that I have misplaced. I traded her some dried beans I don't plan to use for her time and effort in finding the pattern. I have kind and lovely friends.
2. Another place my brain has been is in the future, next academic year, actually. As we plan our next year's curriculum and classes, my boss/colleague and I have been working out plans and schedules. One result is that it is clear I am going to need a little home office/desk of some sort. While I've been searching online for file cabinets, cute storage boxes and desks, I've been looking around the cottage to work out how I'm going to fit a desk in here. Any ideas welcome! I suppose this can be considered a fave because planning and working out an organizing problem is interesting, if challenging, to me.
3. I love my nephews and nieces! One of them reached a milestone this week. He graduated from law school! I'm so very proud of him and it is reassuring to know there's a 'lawyer' in the family.
4. I had been counting weeks until classes were finished for the school year, and I discovered on Monday that I was one week off. I actually have a week LESS left in the semester than I thought!
5. The Iceberg Rose in my garden continues to bloom. My quick estimate of the number of buds and opened flowers, based on counting a section of the bush, is more than fifty! This photo was taken last week:
Willow's Week went whizzing and whirling so quickly! How was yours?