All week I have been constantly aware of how much technology aids and helps me in my daily life. Therefore, this week's Friday Fave Five is dedicated to technology. If you are interested in joining Susanne and dozens of others in voicing your gratitude for events in your life this week, go to Living To Tell The Story.
1. I could never be a Luddite now that I know that I can follow the progress of The Professor's plane flights across the Pacific Ocean. During those long hours and layovers, http://www.worldtimezone.com/ helped me convert local times there to local times here.
2. I love the short emails in my inbox that inform me that he and the Grad Student arrived safely at their destinations.
3. Isn't it great when you can look online and found out whether your local library has the book you want to read so you don't have to use up precious gasoline and even more precious time to drive over there only to discover that, no, the library does NOT have the book?
4. I can send a flight schedule from an email directly to my printer and have the information right in front of me on a piece of paper so I can remember exactly when The New Boy is going to show up with his Mama. AND I can check their flight status, too!
5. Thumb drives are the best! My friend and I can share teaching files without my having to rescan every page. All I need to do is download those files, move the thumb drive to my computer, and put them in to my folders. Moving information this way is going to save me uncountable hours.
Whoever thought up all these ideas, whoever knew how to take those futuristic ideas and make them a reality, THANK YOU!
These five faves are only a few of the many, many ways my life is made simpler and easier,
What technology has helped you this week?