Friday Fave Five. October 8, 2010.
Linking to Susanne's Friday Fave Five is a tradition here at Willow's Cottage. I love this exercise in gratitude. If you would like to join, you can link up at Living To Tell The Story.
1. Don't you love weeks that slip by without drama or extended driving? Of course, sometimes it's fun to travel, but after many trips this year, I'm happy to be home for a few weeks.
2. We (meaning The Professor did it while I sat and watched) finally figured out how to get the camera and the laptop to talk with each other and play nice. In any relationship communication is a key component.
Here's the proof. On Saturday morning of our weekend in Humboldt County, we joined a group of his classmates on a dunes and beach walk. Fog hung densely and deeply in the trees and dunes vegetation. Hoping for a better ocean view I walked ahead. As I turned around, I saw The Professor and three friends silhouetted against the foggy background.
3. Rain. For three days this week, it poured in Southern California. Marking the first measurable rain in five months, the storm soaked quickly into our very dry ground and caused all the plants to slurp up the moisture as fast as they could.
4. Sunshine. After the rain. Most fall/winter rainstorms in Southern California last three days. I don't know why. They just do. Then the sun shines again.
5. Lavender. It's one of my favorite plants. I love the blooms. I love the colors. I love the smell. Because one of the bushes outdid itself in growth this summer, I had to cut it back severely since it was overwhelming plants on all sides. Carrying armloads of fragrant lavender clippings from the garden to the yard debris can wasn't a chore. It was heavenly.
Thanks for reading Willow's Week in review. How was yours?