Yes I know I've been MIA from Friday Fave Five for a couple of weeks. But I have an excuse, a really good excuse. Really I have. I'm traveling this weekend. (And last weekend, I wanted people to continue to read my post about 'Not For Sale', so I decided not to post anything for a few days.)
1. As you can tell from my title, yes, I'm in Phoenix, Arizona. My daughter in law invited me to visit this weekend and we've already been having great memory making adventures. That is actually two blessings--a little vacation and a precious daughter in law.
2. Because I am participating in Project 333 (wearing only 33 items of clothing for 3 months), packing was a breeze. I love traveling light and it was so simple to pack my few clothes in my backpack. I'm only going to be gone for three days, so I don't need much--a couple of changes of clothes and two knitting projects.
3. Flying out of Burbank's Bob Hope Airport is a much less stressful experience than going through long lines of security at LAX. Because it's a much smaller airport, it's easier to navigate through the terminals and gates to get where you need to be.
4. This morning we hiked up South Mountain. The weather was unseasonably cool (in Phoenix that means mid 70s) and cloudy, but it made for great hiking weather. Photos to follow*.
5. Fantastic food at The Farm for lunch. The Farm is a local organic farm in southern Phoenix. Soup and sandwich at the cafe was superb. An added bonus was meeting an acquaintance from my hometown who is now on the farm staff there. What a coincidence!
*I didn't bring my computer with me so I won't be able to upload photos until I return home on Sunday afternoon. But trust me; the desert is beautiful!
So that's what I have been doing. How about you? Check out Susanne's blog and join Friday Fave Five to share adventures, blessings, gratitude for your week.