How about mixing it up a bit today for Friday Fave Five?
The Good News, Bad News Edition.
1. The Good News is that our long trip of almost 1,400 miles last weekend was accomplished with no mishaps. I think that should be Great News! Safety in travel is something I don't take for granted. The Bad News is that we drove almost 1,400 miles. It was exhausting!
2. The Good News is that I took close to 100 photos along Highway 101 from Los Angeles north to Humboldt County.** Beautiful! Majestic! Incredible! Mountains, Sea, Vineyards. I love the Northern California Coast! The Bad News? Evidently, the new camera and my computer haven't been introduced yet and they're not talking. So, no photos. Yet.
3. The Good News: The Professor graduated from high school with many wonderful kids. They've all grown up and turned in to great adults. Attending a high school reunion as a 'spouse' isn't always so much fun. But this group makes it very pleasant for us outsiders, and at every reunion I get reacquainted with his friends, and I also meet new people. I think that most reunions aren't like this. Arcata High School turned out some great graduates. The Bad News: I'm not sure there was bad news...maybe just that a couple of people we walked with in the Portland to Coast Relay and the Willamette Valley Relay for several years weren't able to make it to the reunion.
4. Good News. Amazingly, Arcata, California is just a couple of towns away from Ferndale, California where my father's parents were born, raised, went to school, met, and married. So in a way, visiting Humboldt County, California is like coming home for me too. Bad News. We didn't have enough time during the short weekend to drive over to Ferndale to see the old farmhouse or visit the cemetery where many of my ancestors are buried.
5. Best News. We spent the night at Stanford University with our son and had a great breakfast with him on campus. Baddest News. The time was too short.
That's how Willow's Weekend went. Crazy. Busy. So. Much. Fun. The rest of the week was spent recovering from the 26 hours in the car and showing up for work. It was Good.
I'd love to know how far you traveled this week! Was it good? You can share here or link to Susanne's blog Living to Tell the Story for Friday Fave Five.