As we begin the month of Giving Thanks, it is appropriate to focus on a weekly event called Friday Fave Five. Every Friday all year long, I post my list of five reasons I am thankful, five events that remind me to be grateful. During November, Americans set aside one day, which turns in to a four day weekend, to give thanks for the many blessings we enjoy. Some people are posting on facebook or their blogs every day in November stating what they're thankful for. You can join Friday Fave Five just by clicking over to Susanne's blog and linking up. I hope you will.
1. The weather in my area has been interesting to say the least. We have gone from rainstorms and 50 degree days last week to hot hot mid 90s temperatures this week. The roses think it's summer again. Normally, I don't cut my roses and keep them in vases inside, but I just couldn't resist these beauties because it's so unusual for them to bloom so profusely in November.
2. For several months, I've been following a blog 365lessthings.com written by Colleen who lives in Australia. I've enjoyed reading about Colleen's adventures in decluttering her home one (or more) items each day for a year. Recently, even though she has been dealing with a serious accident involving her son (prayers appreciated!), she has continued to post daily and has added a section where she lists five things for which she is thankful. Reading her blog post makes my day better.
3. This week I've been reminded how much I appreciate my husband. Since I have been slowly moving my diet over to one that excludes meat, dairy, eggs, oil and sugar, he has been completely supportive and willing to eat whatever I cook. Thanks, honey!
4. The internet has been a fantastic resource for my research in to eating a plant-based diet. I can easily find answers, information, and recipes by simply typing a few key words for my search and clicking a couple of keys.
5. November is also National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) and National Blog Post Month (NaBloPoMo). I've decided to try writing a post on my blog every day in November! Will I stick with it and complete all thirty days of posts? Check back to find out!
So that has been Willow's Week. How was yours? Have you found any fun and interesting new blogs to read? Have you been challenged or encouraged by someone or something?