Christmas did come and go, and it was wonderful! All the children were here except one who is deployed as an Army Chaplain outside the US right now. (We did have the privilege of talking with him on Christmas Day.) And of course the New Boy charmed us all with his infectious laughter and funny speeches.
Since it is Friday, it's Fave Five time. The last FFF of 2010. Susanne is hosting, as usual, at her blog.
1. Airport Runs.The anticipation of meeting loved ones in front of the Burbank Airport made the drives back and forth worth it! Sometimes we drove in the sunshine
and sometimes in the rain.
(If you are an Anamaniacs fan, you might recognize the Warner Bros. tower in the background of this photo. There really is a real tower.)
2. The New Boy is currently obsessed with cars, busses, trucks and trains. Nothing is better in his opinion than a Thomas the Tank Engine book, shirt, or dvd. His Bapa and Meema gave him this train book
3. and the promise of a real live train ride, which he received on Tuesday.
4. Reading books with The New Boy. Ginger. Where the Wild Things Are. Ookie-Spooky. In the Forest. Tikki Tikki Tembo. The Mitten.
5. Lunch with my daughter, a friend and her daughter. so. much. fun.
Tonight is New Year's Eve. I think we're staying home and recovering quietly from a very busy and happy Christmas Week. What are you doing?