The second month of the year is nearly over. Here at Willow's Cottage, I am anticipating the arrival of March. Even so, each day and each week is a wonderful gift and I choose to appreciate every opportunity to be thankful for the little things in life as well as the big things. Susanne hosts Friday Fave Five as a way to focus on being thankful every week. Check in on her blog to join FFF.
Here's what happened around Willow's Cottage this week.
1. The plum tree is blooming! Spring is coming!
2. I spent five days in San Diego this week visiting my daughter and son-in-law (and the puppies and kitties), and during most of those days, it rained. So all my plans to hike with the puppies and walk the beaches did not materialize. On Monday the sun finally shone on San Diego. I strolled the streets of the Gaslamp Quarter and wandered down past the courthouse toward the bay while my daughter was at work. The view from her fifth floor office is amazing! I hope to post more downtown/GasLamp Quarter photos this weekend.
3. Downtown San Diego is thriving and bustling. There are restaurants on every corner and in every block of the Gaslamp District. The Mission Restaurant on J Street is a place you won't want to miss for breakfast or lunch if you ever visit San Diego.
4. Amtrak's Surfliner train is a great way to travel. I scored an ocean side window seat and enjoyed the views as we chugged through San Diego, Solana Beach, Oceanside, San Juan Capistrano, Orange County, Los Angeles County and on into my little Ventura County. Come back later to see more photos of the Pacific Coastline.
5. The best part of traveling, even for a long weekend, is coming home. As I disembarked from the train, there was The Professor waiting right in front of the station in our little blue car. I ought to have been wearing my red shoes so I could have clicked them three times and exclaimed, "There's no place like home!"
That was Willow's Week! How was yours?