Since I have been camping at the beach all week and just returned home this evening, I don't have much time to write and I certainly haven't had time to upload and sort all the beach photos I snapped, so this will be a short check-in here. But I think it is important to spend time every Friday (or Thursday evening) reflecting on things for which I am grateful through Friday Fave Five. It is just my Friday thing and really So Much More. Susanne at Living to Tell the Story always posts a link for anyone who wishes to participate in Friday Fave Five and you can join us if you want to.
1. We love to camp! It had been way too long since we had pulled out our gear and gone camping, so it was especially fun to pitch our tent and roll out our sleeping bags. Three nights of camping by the beach was mostly peaceful. Winds gusting up to 60 mph (yes, really!) tested our resolve to stay up and burn the last piece of our firewood at night, but nothing beats drinking our morning coffee while staring into the campfire flames.
2. This week I've been without my cell phone. Over the past 4-6 weeks, my provider has worked with me to determine the source of the problem of my malfunctioning phone. Three. new. phones. Hopefully, this newest phone will work properly. The fave? A mixed blessing. I relaxed a bit more without being tied to email and facebook. Also, I do appreciate the customer service and good attitude I've received from the manager and staff at the store.
3. We have Great Neighbors. They keep an eye on our place when we're gone and my next door neighbors watched for the new cell phone to arrive by UPS and took it in to protect it while we were gone. We knew it would be delivered during the week so we asked them to keep it until we returned this evening. They picked up our paper for us too. Good Neighbors are truly a blessing!
4. Long bike rides. 6 miles. 14 miles. 9 miles. In some of the most beautiful places in the world. Photos later, after I've slept in my own bed for 8 hours.
5. After a hiatus of several weeks, our small group of friends (including two other Great Neighbors) are back meeting together for a Bible Study on Sunday nights. We've missed being with them, so it was good to resume our regular Sunday evening get togethers.
I know there is So Much More I could add to my faves this week, but part of my brain is still at the beach, another part is already sound asleep and yet another is concentrating on camping clean up. I invite you to tune part of your brain into the Thankful Channel and remember what you can be grateful for this week!