It's Friday and that means Friday Fave Five, a time to contemplate the best things that have happened this week. Susanne provides this opportunity every week for us to remember our Weekly Favorites.
1. My friends (and husband) who have driven me to the doctor(s) and to classes this week. Without them, I would never have been able to begin teaching my writing classes this week. I'm truly grateful for my husband and friends who have helped me so much!
2. My favorite new fashion statement: a big black boot to hold my swollen, sprained ankle steady without (very much) pain. It goes well with my silver crutches.
3. These quotes from Freedom of Simplicity by Richard J. Foster. Foster published this book about Christian Simplicity in 1981. In reference to Matthew 6:22--"If all within us is honed down to the single treasure of Christ and his Kingdom, then we are living in the light of simplicity." "With our eye focused on Christ the Center, we are to live with glad and generous hearts. This is simplicity."
4. One thing I've done while I've been sitting around this week is look through my files and files (and files) of photos. I've found flowers and shells and beaches, photos I've taken for the past 6 years. But the photo that touched my heart most was this one of our kitty Angel who moved to San Diego with Mama Mia after she was married but went on to kitty heaven three years ago. Angel was the BEST kitty we ever had. What a sweet memory.
5. The best news I received all week was this text from my daughter in law regarding my Army Captain Chaplain son, who has been deployed over the past year: "He is officially home." For that, I am truly and completely thankful.