The Third Week of March
St. Patrick's Day
The First Day of Spring
These are milestones in the year.
Each week is filled with little mileage markers--pillars to mark my gratitude.
1. I had a milestone this week--my birthday.
Since The Professor is on Spring Break and I am not, we decided that a four day whirlwind trip to Phoenix would be a fun way to celebrate my birthday and visit our oldest--The Chaplain and his wife. It was just right! I requested lunch at The Farm Kitchen at the The Farm at South Mountain.
2. My cousin who lives in the mountains north of Phoenix drove down to meet us and spend my birthday with me. I tried to upload a photo of the two of us with me wearing my new green and blue sweater (yes, I did finish it!) but blogger told me that I am out of space and must purchase the privilege to post more photos. So, no picture of the sweater. (I experienced this before and I didn't post any pictures for a couple of weeks and then blogger allowed me to start posting photos again. Maybe that will happen next month...any comments from your experience with blogger and photos would be greatly appreciated.)
3. On Sunday, The Chaplain's in-laws who are lovely wonderful fantastic kind fun enjoyable amazing people (yes, they really are!) joined us for lunch. Uncharacteristically, we had to avoid a rainstorm while we dined under the veranda roof of the cafe. (yes, it evidently does rain in Phoenix.)
4. The drive through eastern California and western Arizona contains its own beauty. I love the muted desert colors. Approaching the Coachella Valley from the east (think: Palm Springs), the highway swoops down into the low flat area which is surrounded on three sides by towering mountains.
Yes, the mountains really do have snow on their peaks.
5. In the fourteen hours we spend in the car, we encountered traffic accidents, two of which seemed rather serious. According to news stories we read later, fortunately, no one was killed. But it reminded us that we are truly thankful for uneventful road trips.
This has been Willow's Week--Susanne hosts Friday Fave Five to allow us to share the blessings of our week. If you want to join, or just read, here is the link to Living To Tell the Story.