Sunday, November 11, 2012

#11

On Veteran's Day, I must share two things for which I'm thankful.

I'm thankful for the men and women who we remember this day, those Americans who have served in the US military.  Specifically, I think of those close to me, my husband who is a Vietnam vet, my son who is an Army chaplain currently deployed, my USMC son-in-law (semper fi!), my dad, father-in-law, and uncles who all served during World War II.  THANK YOU!

Also, today is the sixth anniversary of my son and daughter-in-law.  Although they are not together on this day, I know that they share a strong commitment to their marriage and always treasure the days they do have to spend together. I'm thankful they found each other.  If you want to read a blog post I wrote more than six years ago, click here.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

6 comments:

Julene said...

And...another Amen!!

nikkipolani said...

Thank you for your family's service, Willow.

ellen b. said...

Thank you to all of yours who have served and are serving now! Happy Anniversary to your Chaplin and his dear wife!

Marg said...

How cute!!! I love that romantic story.

Barbara said...

So much to remember and be thankful for on this day. The hardest part to watch at our Rememberance Day evening at the Royal Albert hall here is seeing a portion of the widows and orphans file into the arena. Even the Royals have tears in their eyes.

Caroline said...

You are justified in being proud of your family. They sounds wonderful in so many ways!