Tuesday, November 13, 2012

#13 Quail, Fresh not Roasted.

As seen rather cloudily through my side window.


Quail live in our neighborhood.  They consider my garden their personal breakfast nook, lunch box and dinner table reservation. 


 They provide daily opportunities to enjoy local wildlife.  I watch for them as I walk down the street. 


Yes, they do fly into trees, sit on roofs and make sure that one guard quail is always on duty to spot and warn the others of dangerous ladies carrying cameras.


 I listen for their calls.  I delight in their hilarious running gait.
Thankful for being able to share my little spot on earth with cute coveys of quail.

2 comments:

nikkipolani said...

How fun is this! And they hold still enough for photos, too. I love the photo of the quail high on the tree.

ellen b. said...

I miss the quails!! When we were at Dan's there was quite a covey of quail on his property.