Thursday, November 22, 2012

Contrasts

One week can include many contrasts.  Willow's Week certainly did.  I'm thankful for the contrasts in my week because they keep my week interesting.  In noting the contrasts, I can also see the blessings which I share as Friday Fave Fives.

1. A visit to California Science Center near downtown Los Angeles contained the longest chronological contrast.  The Cleopatra Exhibit focused on the time period of the Century before Christ's birth.

2. On the same visit to CSC, I got up close and personal with the Endeavor Space Shuttle. That's Twenty-first Century.

3-4. Contrasts exist in geology and geography, too.  This week I experienced the view from 6400 feet with a 360 degree panorama of the Mogollon Rim in Arizona with its unending pine forests and also the low, hot desert of Palm Springs with the in between of saguarro cactus, manzanitas, and yellow sand.  We are spending Thanksgiving weekend in Arizona.  My cousin lives in the mountains north of Phoenix (that's where we found the more-than-a-mile-high views) and our son and daughter-in-law live in Phoenix.  Both areas are definitely contrasts, although beautiful and enchanting, to my coastal climate along the Pacific Ocean.

5. It may be Thanksgiving but I'm knitting for Christmas.  Right now, it's Christmas stockings for each member of the family.  Currently, I'm working on stocking #7.  (Will I finish by Christmas Morning??)

*I am again experiencing the very annoying difficulty of being unable to post any photos.  Much of the enjoyment I derive from blogging comes from sharing my photos, so I am seriously disappointed.*

Linking to Friday Fave Five at Susanne's blog here.

8 comments:

nikkipolani said...

Wonderful theme for the events that blessed you this week. Oh, yes, I totally see you with all the stockings in tow ;-)

Faith said...

Oh NO! I hope you can work out your glitch with the photo posting soon!! I also like posting photos! How marvelous that you can knit each family member their own stocking. My mom in law did that for all of her grandchildren. My daughters (19 and 13) STILL treasure those stockings and they truly get hung with care each and every xmas eve! Enjoy the rest of your thanksgiving weekend!!

ellen b. said...

I definitely understand the disappointment in not being able to post photos...OYE!
I think for sure you'll have those stockings done by Christmas!!

Gattina said...

Why don't you download your pictures in Picasa webalbums and then copy and paste the htlm code into your post ? that's what I am doing, I never use the Blogger download thing in my posts !

Julene said...

Yes, I too understand the feeling of not posting pictures...so much so that I started a new blog. The Picasa advice may be the way to go.
We are thanking God for much this season!!

Susanne said...

Well I'm glad you joined in sans photos! That is so frustrating! I hope it gets worked out soon!

How neat that everyone will have a personally knitted stocking!

snoopydogknits said...

You certainly have busy, but varied weeks! I 've sewn each member of our family a stocking. It started with my own three children, when they were small, but now includes a daughter-in-law, son-in-law and granddaughter, not forgetting Oscar and Scott, the labradors!!! Trouble is, they all need filling! Ros

Susan said...

Happy Monday, Willow,
If you try the muffin recipe, let me know what you think.

What a cool week of contrasts.That must have been very interesting to see the Cleopatra exhibit. I haven't been to a museum since my children left home. It's time I start going again.

I need to look into Picasa webalbums too. I am procrastinating bc I don't like learning "technology" things.

You've knitted 7 stockings already? How many more are needed? What an awesome keepsake for everyone.