1. My younger daughter and her family came to celebrate with me in person. The others all rang in by phone. That's what makes my birthday complete.
2. I chose the meal. Thai food. Curries. Pad Thai. All vegan for me. But the omnivores ate beef.
3. I chose the activity. Hiking in the Santa Monica Mountains overlooking the Pacific Ocean. It was a foggish day but you can still see Pt. Dume way out there at the far edge of the sandy beach.
Charmlee Park in Encinal Canyon is a perfect hike for families.
4. An added benefit of having a spring birthday is being surrounded by the California native spring flowers.
5. Spring Break! Without a doubt, teachers look forward to spring break with as much (if not more) enthusiasm as their students. Two weeks! I'm a happy and free girl for two weeks!
These are the five faves for Willow's Birthday Week. Head over to Susanne's blog if you want to read more faves or participate in Friday Fave Fives.