1. We had some April Showers on April 1st. No foolin'. It was a cloudy, misty day. But we took our fun day and walked at the beach anyway.
2. On Monday we also decided to have lunch out. Usually we aren't the going out to lunch or dinner kind of people, but we stopped at Pick up Stix and had the most delicious lunch we've eaten in a long time. Being vegan (yes, I am) and focusing on plant based, no added oil meals means eating in restaurants is severely restricted. But the amazing waitress at Pick Up Stix was helpful and cheerful in offering excellent and tasty options.
3. Although our mornings all week have been the typical 'early morning coastal fog and low cloudiness', Tuesday was a brilliantly sunny day. Since I had to be in Ventura to tutor a couple of writing students, I made a lunch detour to Ventura Harbor's beach. Oh I do love all the moods of the beach.
4. During my two weeks of Spring Break, I've had so. much. fun. working on a knitting and felting project. I have posted photos of my sets of felted bowls here. Basically, I took some hand spun and hand dyed (by me) wool which had been waiting for inspiration for several years and I knitted it all up into bowls. It was a truly fun spring project. And they're useful, too.
5. There are so many other faves I could choose for the past two weeks, but one quote, a prayer, has been floating up in my memory which describes my spring break--mostly because a spring cold attacked me just as my break began. "Take my tired body, my confused mind and my restless soul into your arms, and give me rest, simple quiet rest." Henri Nouwen. I have truly had a simple quiet rest for which I am most thankful.
How about you? Did you get a spring break? Did you experience simple quiet rest?