1. Mother's Day! All my children called me. It's a tradition since we live far apart. The one who was home decided that evening dinner should be eaten 'out'. Pad Thai. Yellow curry. Green curry. Wanna know why there are no photos? We ate it all too fast!
2. The end of the school year! That's all I need to say. Think sleeping in. Leisurely hikes. Road trips. For Three months.
3. It's also a bit bittersweet. My students make me laugh every time they read their stories in class. They let me know they appreciate me. As the wisdom of this proverb inside the wrapper of a Dove dark chocolate candy says--All you really need is love and a little chocolate doesn't hurt. My students must know this because as thank you gifts they gave me on the last day of class:
Chocolate topped toffee.
World's Finest caramel filled chocolate.
Godiva chocolate morsels.
Dark chocolate Tahitian vanilla caramels.
4. They also know I love to garden. They gave me:
A five gallon pink hydrangea plant.
A vase of garden flowers.
Home Depot gift card.
5. Since I am a writing teacher, I often receive notes and poems:
Dear Mrs. Willow,
Thank you so much for being my writing class teacher. I learned a lot. My absolute favorite thing was writing the 'why story'. I hope that I have become a much better writer.
Mrs. Willow is super awesome,
there is no part of her that's dumb.
She has a great smile,
that reaches a mile,
and that is why this note has come:
(has come, and that is why this note has come!)
Our year is finally done,
everybody has had some fun!
We partied all year,
and it is so clear,
you get a thank you from everyone!
For me, it's officially summer. More knitting soon. What shall I cast on? Any suggestions?
More felted bowls?