Because I haven't posted a FFF lately, I can't focus on just this past week! So here are my favorite parts of my trip to Oregon and back.
1. Riding with my daughter and her two kids. We. Love. Road. Trips. It was So. Much. Fun. Almost two thousand miles of chatting while gazing at incredibly beautiful scenery. (Just a little note here. You may wonder why I never post photos of these two grandchildren. It's because in the world of rules imposed by the state, county, and social services, photos of children who are not officially, finally adopted, are not allowed to be posted on any internet site. So until that long anticipated and joyous event occurs, all you get on social media is blurry pictures of the backs of their heads. This in no way lessens the deep love I have for these two precious little ones, but I do try to live within the law.)
2. Visiting my only brother and his wife for the first time in three years. He has always loved driving anything.
3. Seeing friends from my Oregon days. Lunch with the Taylors. Afternoon with a dear friend, her daughter and grandsons--they loved playing with our little ones. Breakfast and coffee with the Soap Lady (we've been friends since college days).
4. Attending the morning service at our church in Portland. Oh that was wonderful.
5. And of course I knitted there and back again. Socks are good projects for road trips.
And now it's on to the business of teaching classes, correcting papers and keeping to a schedule. Everything has its season. Have you changed your activities with the season?