Some weeks I hardly pick up my camera to snap a photo. This was one of those weeks. To no one's surprise, I would say it is mostly due to the fact that I am back in teach classes/correct papers mode. Even with the change in routine, I look for ways to find blessings in my week. That's what Friday Fave Fives is for--recording and sharing five blessings.
1. Knitting. Last December I made Christmas stockings for the eight adults in our family. I posted photos of them here. This week I've been working on the stockings for the three littles. One is finished--lots of pink with magenta hearts. Obviously that one is for our girlie girl Z. The boys want more many colors like orange and brown and green. L's stocking is nearly finished--just have the toe to finish. Then I will knit The (Not So) New Boy's stocking. Photos soon?
2. The news from The New Boy is that he really likes Kindergarten.
3. Our espresso maker died. That's NOT the blessing. But having an alternative available for brewing coffee is. We've pulled out our one cup Melita from the camping gear and so the morning coffee has continued to flow without interruption.
4. I've been attending not one but TWO Bible Studies this fall. Both of them have a rather aggressive homework assignment expectation. I decided to participate in both of them because I have taken the classes before so I don't have to do all the homework; I just review it. But the blessing has been that I am loving BOTH courses all over again. Philippians and II Peter. SO RICH in life lessons for me to relearn.
5. A while ago, I downloaded a free book on my Kindle-- Brother Lawrence's The Practice of the Presence of God. I own a paper copy of the book but having it on my Kindle makes it doubly accessible and easy to pick up and read just a page or two which is really all one can read and meditate on at one time. Have you read it?
Not an exciting week here at Willow's Cottage. It's been one of those same old, same old weeks. Work, Read, Walk, Knit, Sleep. Beautiful weather. Loving family. Who could ask for more?