1. This comment from a friend's facebook page. It made me LOL.
The worst part of exercising is when I fell like I'm going to throw up and pass out and then the instructor says, "Now that we've warmed up, let's get started..."
2. I continue my obsession with reading Louis L'Amour books. As The Professor states, they are not great literature, but every once in a while L'Amour nails it with a brilliant and entertaining sentence:
"His background was unknown, except that it seemed more than probable that it had included a postgraduate course in the unrefined arts of murder, mayhem, and assorted varieties of robbery."
The Trail to Seven Pines
3. This week, although I was unable to join in the celebration, a little girl was formally adopted into her forever family. The Professor and I are 'honorary grandpa and grandma' to this sweet girl and her big sister who also call my daughter 'Auntie Mimi'. Her mama told me a couple of weeks ago that after October 30th she was giving me permission (and, indeed, encouragement) to post photos of their new daughter.
Little Miss N with her mama and sister
4. Yes, there has been knitting. The last Christmas stocking, which is for The New Boy, is nearly finished. Isn't it just adorable?
5. Sometimes it's just serendipity. I was in the right place at the right time to be gifted this beautiful yarn-- hand spun silk and wool, hand dyed in my favorite blues. There is 14 oz, certainly enough to make a vest, or maybe a sweater.
What has happened in your week to produce in you daily thanksgiving?