1. On Sunday I did my FAVE gig of the year for the Ventura County Weavers and Spinners Guild: Topanga Banjo Fiddle Contest and Folk Festival held every year at Paramount Movie Ranch in Agoura Hills.
If you ever watched a movie, and the movie was a Western, if it was made by Paramount Studios, and even part of it was set in a town, then it was most likely shot at The Ranch. Does it look familiar?
Every year we sit on the porch and weave and spin all day. And all day, people -boys, girls, men, women- stop at the porch and watch us, ask us, "What are you doing?", and tell us, "That's awesome!"
People look through my hats which are for sale and sometimes they buy one--or two.
Of course, the main reason people attend the festival is not to watch us but to listen to the music. You can listen to some of the contestants HERE. Everywhere, people gather to jam.
2. More spring flowers! MY FAVES.
Lance Leaf Coreopsis
Farewell to Spring
3. Another FAVE! A big clear out. I have been feeling overwhelmed by just too much stuff around my house. Lately, I've been culling things I no longer use or want. I finally did it. I gave away my Noritake china set. And some vases and small glass serving dishes. I never used any of them. I thought I'd have a bit of 'post decision dissonance' about getting rid of that stuff, but I didn't. Not at all. It was actually a relief to get those boxes of unwanted items out of the house. I am on a roll now. More decluttering coming up!
4. Now that school is done--- oh, yes--THAT'S a FAVE! We're done with the year! All my papers are corrected and returned. The Professor needs only to post grades.
5. Now that school is done, I can focus a bit more on knitting. The New Boy wants his afghan made in red, purple and blue. I've barely begun...but I have all summer to work on it. Knitting is always a FAVE for me.
Enjoy your weekend. And be aware of the blessings that happen every day, all the time...