1. That trip we took-- it was across Southern California desert again and into Arizona desert. Destination: Phoenix. When you have family, you travel to where they are. Even in the summer. Even when it's 109F outside.
2. I love spending time with my kids and our visit coincided with Son #1's birthday. He was a fun child. And as an adult, he's still fun. We are proud of his accomplishments as a military and hospital chaplain--we know it's not an easy job to bring comfort to grieving and worried people.
3. Older Daughter also celebrated her birthday. Although I wasn't there in person, we communicated and I posted these photos on facebook. She was and is adorable!
I am very proud of this daughter of mine. She's strong. She's smart. She's beautiful.
4. We love our evening walks. Around our neighborhood there are hills, so we get a good workout walking our three miles. I'm thankful I live in a safe and pleasant place with beautiful places to walk and hike.
5. When I have been away for two weeks, it's hard to choose my favorite faves and limit them to five. I have spent time trying to decide what else to share? Birthday party for a four year old relative? (That was so much fun!) Being part of the tear down crew for the weaving/spinning guild booth at the fair? (Weird, I know. But we make a good team and work well together.) Finally I asked The Professor and he suggested that I share the memorial service we attended for an elderly lady from our church. She was part of our small Adult Bible Fellowship group and we had never met her extended family. What a blessing it was to share some memories with her family and learn more about her life.
How about you? How was your week?