1. Rain. Southern California is having a drought. But. It. Rained. A. Little.
O Happy Rain
2. An afternoon visit to this quilt-yarn-sewing-needlework-craft shop, Roxanne's, A Wish and A Dream, in Carpinteria with my sister-in-law. She is an excellent, professional quilter, so it was fun to see a favorite shop of mine from her perspective.
3. Light. There is something about the light where I live that I love. The slant of the sun. The dryness of the atmosphere creating a clearness that glows. The light quality that is so beautiful it breaks my heart.
Add to that my love of the beach.
4. How many times can I count skyping with my son as a fave? Never enough. As he prepares to fly to Australia for a conference where he'll be presenting a paper, he took time to chat with us a couple of times. I love the accessibility skype gives to staying in touch with my out-of-the-country son.
5. I am a devoted member of a Precepts Bible class. If you aren't familiar with Precepts, I can tell you it's a Bible Study program which focuses on scholarship and delving deeply into history, context and personal application of what you are studying. Right now I'm studying Old Testament historical books-- Kings and Chronicles. You'd think this would be very boring. You'd be very wrong. Every week I'm challenged. It's an important part of my life and I'm thankful to have the opportunity to be part of the class.
So that was my week (which also included the usual knitting). How was yours?