Five seems to be the number of the week. As usual, I am posting my Friday Fave Fives, but before I do, here are my other 'fives':
Number of classes taught: 5
Number of hats knitted: 5
Number of buckets of yard debris gathered: 5
Number of episodes of BBC's All Creatures Great and Small based on James Herriot's books watched: 5
Number of photos taken: 0. It has been one of those weeks. I have seen some beautiful sunsets but of course I didn't have my camera with me. But I have been going through my photos from 2014 and trying to choose some of my favorites. I'll be posting them over the weekend (so come back and enjoy the views).
Here's one---a favorite sunset photo from January 2014.
1. We have internet at home! I am actually posting this from my own house on my own wifi. After three weeks of enjoying the hospitality of Starbucks internet access, we are finally hooked up to our carrier and we can even watch our favorite TV shows and movies again.
2. On the topic of TV shows--my nephew and his company were featured on Tiny House Hunting! So proud of Derin and Shelter Wise, his tiny house company. We watched the episode on fyi.tv this week. What do you think of tiny houses?
3. This week I spent a few hours in the garden and finally cut back the rose bushes. Believe it or not, there were at least a dozen roses still blooming. I clipped them and gave them to a home bound neighbor. Her great joy in receiving them made my day.
4. We have a new storage shed. It was delivered and assembled on Tuesday and we are already moving our gardening tools and camping gear in. The best part is that the shed is slightly larger than our old one so there is room to keep our bikes in there.
5. I've been in a bit of a funk on knitting--not that I'm not knitting but I was becoming a bit bored with knitting hats and more hats. Switching to making little hats for the local NICU (newborn intensive care unit) has got me going again. I can quickly knit up at least one little itty bitty hat every day. There's a sense of accomplishment and the pleasure of knowing I am blessing a baby and its family. And it's bringing joy back to my art.
These are the things that encouraged and blessed me this week. What about you?